Seekh kebab is a very popular dish. But for us vegetarians, it is an aversion. So what do we do? We create our own version of veg seekh kebab. It may not be as pleasing to everyone, but it is a close competition. Take a healthier initiative with these veg seekh kebab. It is healthy, tasty, and totally guilt-free.
Makes: 8 servings
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup thinly shredded cabbage
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 boiled potatoes
- ½ cup shelled green peas
- ½ cup finely chopped beans
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- 3 tsp chopped cashews
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 to 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp oil
- A pinch of chat masala
What to Do:
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add cumin to it and sauté till it turns aromatic.
- Add onion, ginger-garlic paste, and green chilies and sauté till the onions change color and the ginger garlic leaves the raw smell.
- Then add the gram flour to the pan and roast it on a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and cook them till their moisture has evaporated.
- Let it cool down completely then transfer it to the mixer grinder.
- Add the coriander leaves, mint leaves, and chopped cashews to the mixer grinder too.
- Blend them well.
- Put the mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and add it to this mixture.
- Add some lemon juice and all the masalas including the salt and pepper to the bowl too.
- Mix them well till the mixture is totally blended well.
- Then add the bread crumbs to this mixture and again mix it well.
- Grease your palms and take some kebab mixture in them. Shape it into a ball.
- Put the skewer through the center of the kebab ball and shape the kebab into a cylindrical shape around the skewer.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil on the tawa and roast the kebabs on it. Roast them evenly on every side.
- Garnish with chat masala, lemon juice, onion rings, and serve with ketchup.
- You can refrigerate the kebab mixture after adding bread crumbs for about 30 minutes if you have the time. This way it will be easier to shape your kebabs.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for a while to avoid burning while roasting the kebabs.
Follow @alloinnoware for amazing recipe videos on Instagram, Check more recipes here