This quinoa pulao will perfectly show that healthy dishes can be delicious too! It is so simple to make and is a timeless dish. You can have it anytime you want. It is the perfect combination of trendy, tasty, and just wholesome nutrition. Follow the recipe, try it for yourself and share it with others too!
Makes: 4 to 5 servings
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup corn
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger and garlic
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cilantro (optional)
What to Do:
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, then add the cumin seeds. Leave it for a few seconds then add the grated ginger and garlic and sauté. Then add the onions and again sauté it for about a minute till the onion changes color to a golden brown.
- Add all your vegetables that you have prepped along with the salt and sauté it.
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, and garam masala to the mixture.
- Wash the quinoa properly and add it to the pan. Cook it for a minute and then add 1 and a ½ cups of water to it.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for two whistles. Then let the pressure cooker release its steam and cool down on its own.
- Remove the lid and stir the quinoa pulao well. Then add some lemon juice and cilantro and mix it well again.
- Serve and enjoy.
- This quinoa pulao will go great with some raita.
- It has lots of proteins, healthy fats, folic acid, and fiber.
- Use Glass Containers to store pulao to preserve taste & nutrients.