Ragi dosa is a famous south Indian breakfast. It is healthy, tasty, and very easy to make. It is also famous in various parts of Andhra and Karnataka. This ragi dosa can be the perfect addition to your healthy meals. In this recipe, we will also be tempering the batter a little. This adds extra flavor to the dosa and makes it taste heavenly.
Makes: 2 servings
What You Will Need:
- ½ cup ragi
- ½ cup rice
- ½ cup urad dal
- 2 tbsp poha
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt as needed
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
What to Do:
- Wash the ragi and rice together and soak them in water for up to 8 hours.
- Wash the poha and urad dal and soak them for 4 to 5 hours.
- Rinse them and drain them.
- Then blend the urad dal with as much water needed for a frothy mixture and set it aside in a bowl.
- Blend the ragi and rice together and add a little salt to the mixture. Let this batter ferment for 6 to 8 hours. You can check the fermentation by the rise in the batter.
- After it is fermented, pour some water to attain a proper consistency.
- For the seasoning, heat the 1 tsp oil in a pan and add the cumin and mustard seeds, followed by the grated ginger and chopped coriander leaves. Sauté it for about half a minute and then transfer this sauteed mixture to the batter and stir it well.
- Now heat a tawa and grease it properly with some oil.
- Take a ladle full of the ragi dosa batter and pour it on the tawa and spread it evenly with the ladle.
- Pour a tsp of oil on top it evenly and let it cook for a little while on medium flame. When the sides of the dosa start separating from the tawa, take a spatula and carefully flip it to the opposite side. Let it cook a while and then carefully remove it to a plate. Serve and enjoy.
- Stir the batter with the ladle and mix it well every time before pouring it on the tawa.
- For thin dosas, keep a thin consistency of the batter by adding more water.
Follow Allo Innoware for more such recipes, use glass containers with lids for best results