This coconut oats breakfast recipe will be the perfect oats breakfast recipe. It will be a nice change from the sweet and sticky oatmeal that you normally have for breakfast. This is a simple and unique south Indian dish that will take your healthy breakfast up a notch. It is easy to prepare, it just takes 15 minutes, and you can enjoy it as an afternoon snack too.
Makes: 2 servings
What You Will Need:
- Grated coconut (1 cup)
- Oats (1 and ½ cup rolled)
- Grated ginger (¾ cup)
- Onion (½ cup chopped)
- Curry leaves (5 or 6)
- Lemon Juice (2 tbsp)
- Green chilies (2 chopped)
- Coriander leaves
- Oil (1 and ½ tbsp)
- Cumin (½ tsp)
- Mustard (¼ tsp)
- Peanuts (2 tsp)
- Salt as needed
What to Do:
- Wash the rolled oats and drain them. Set them aside for later.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin and then peanuts. Fry them until the peanuts are golden brown.
- Age the ginger, green chilies, onion, and curry leaves to it next. Sauté it until the leaves turn crisp and the onion turns translucent.
- Add the salt and stir the mixture.
- Add the oats, mix them well, and cook it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut and lemon juice.
- Add the coriander leaves and serve.
- You can eat these coconut oats with or without a side of curd or some chutney.
- Both fresh and frozen coconuts can be used for this recipe.
- Curd should be stored in Glass containers with lids