Banana bread is one of the most delicious dessert snacks. But the number of calories and typical ingredients it has makes it a very heavy snack, unsuitable for eating every day. Undertaking a healthy lifestyle does not mean giving up on your favorite foods forever. You just have to find a healthy way of cooking them. That is exactly what this recipe does. It replaces all the heavy ingredients of the banana bread with ingredients that make it lighter and healthier while preserving the deliciousness.
Makes: 12 slices
What You Will Need:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 6 tbsp honey
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ chocolate chips
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the yogurt, mashed bananas, honey, and vanilla essence. Blend them until smooth.
- Heat the oats for about 7 to 8 minutes in the oven and add them to the mixture and mix them well.
- Add the baking powder and cinnamon powder and mix it well.
- Spread this batter evenly on a baking pan or an oven-safe glass container with the help of a spatula.
- Put it in the oven and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Take it out and garnish it with chocolate chips, nuts, or almonds. Let it cool for 10 minutes and cut it into slices. Serve.
- You can store it in a glass container and keep it in the fridge for over 2 weeks.
- To check if the cake is baked properly, stick a toothpick in the center. If the batter sticks to the toothpick, it needs to bake more.
For more recipe follow us on Instagram @alloinnoware, Here are some interesting kitchen tips