This Rava Payasam is the perfect healthy substitute for the calorie-laden sweet dishes. You can make it easily. It will be especially helpful during the festivals and the celebration times. It has fruits and raisins and is one of the most nutritious and delicious desserts you can make.
Makes: 4 servings
What You Will Need:
- Rava (3 tbsp)
- Milk (2 cups)
- Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Ghee (1 tbsp)
- Cardamom powder (1/4 tsp)
What to Do:
- Heat the ghee in a thick bottom cauldron.
- Add a handful of cashews, raisins, and any other dry fruits you want and roast them till they turn golden brown.
- Transfer the roasted dry fruits to a separate plate and set it aside for later.
- Add the rava to the pot and roast it on a low flame till it turns aromatic. Take care not to burn it.
- Add the milk and sugar to it.
- Stir it well and let it cook for about three minutes. Stir it until it has attained a thick consistency.
- Add the cardamom powder and dry fruits you had set aside. You can then serve it hot or refrigerate it and serve it chilled later.
- You can eat these coconut oats with or without a side of curd or some chutney.
- Both fresh and frozen coconuts can be used for this recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe, share it with your friends and colleagues and follow Allo Innoware for more such lip-smacking healthy recipes