Besan ka Halwa- Healthy Recipe by Allo Innoware
by Allo Innoware
on January 29, 2021
Besan ka Halwa
This besan ka halwa is perfect for the festival season. With its rich and creamy texture it will just melt in your mouth. It is easy to make and you will really enjoy making it. So go on and try it quickly and share it with your family and friends.
Makes: 2- 3 servings
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup besan
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 to 5 chopped pistachios
- 4 to 5 chopped almonds
- ¼ ghee
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
What to Do:
- Boil the milk in a pan in one pan and the ghee in another.
- When the ghee melts, lower the flame and add the besan to it.
- Mix the ghee and besan well and keep stirring the mixture till the besan is roasted even. You will be able to know that it is done by the aroma that fills your kitchen.
- Pour one cup of the milk you had boiled slowly into the besan while stirring it continuously.
- Then pour the rest of the milk while stirring it like before. Continue to stir the besan and milk for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir for 5 to 6 minutes. Keep stirring it until the mixture starts to thicken without any lumps.
- Add the cardamom powder and the dry fruits and serve.
- You can add saffron for garnishing too.