This lemon cake can be the perfect evening snack. It can be stored in your fridge for a long time and thus will be available for you to enjoy anytime. This cake is delicious and can be made with a few ingredients.
Makes: 9 to 10 servings
What You Will Need:
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cold butter
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice until it is smooth and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and mix well. Set it aside.
- In a big bowl, mix together the vegetable oil and sugar and mix it well. Add the yogurt, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the flour gradually to this bowl while stirring constantly.
- Transfer this mixture to a baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over it using a spatula.
- Mix flour, sugar, and cubed butter together until it becomes an even crumbly mixture. Spread this mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake it for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down and dust the top with powdered sugar. Cut it into pieces and serve with coffee.