This is one of the healthier desserts that you can enjoy baking. It is easier to make than it seems and will be a favorite of every chocolate and cake lover. You can make this for snacking at home randomly or even serve it as a delicious party snack.
Makes: 12 to 16 bars
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup Unflavoured crackers or biscuits (crushed into crumbs)
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate
- Chocolate chips or shavings for garnishing
What to Do:
- Blend the crackers or biscuits, cocoa powder, and flour together until they have blended together into a fine powder.
- Take this mixture in a bowl and add cream cheese, honey, and vanilla extract to it. Mix it together until it attains a thick dough-like consistency. Add milk to make sure that it is not too dry.
- Take this dough and spread it evenly in your baking pan or container using a spatula. If you are using a regular baking pan, you will need to add parchment paper to it priorly. If you are using the Allo glass container for this, then you can directly add your batter without any parchment paper since it won’t stick to the glass.
- Press it down a few times to make sure it is set properly and set it aside.
- Put the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwavable glass container and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds until they are melted smooth. Then stir the mixture to blend it properly.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the dough that you had set aside and spread it evenly over the top with a spatula.
- Spread the chocolate chips or chocolate shavings for garnishing on the top as you like and transfer it into the fridge.
- Let it freeze for an hour or so.
- Let it thaw for a few minutes after you take it out of the fridge, and then cut it into bars with a knife.
- Enjoy your yummy dessert!
- You can store these bars in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- You can also add roasted nuts into the dough if you wish.
For more recipe videos, follow @alloinnoware on Instagram, Keep watching this space for more unique recipes